Events in Key West
Event calendar provided with the courtesy of the Monroe County Tourist Development Council.
Events in Key West for September
- September 04 - 08, 2019 Key West
- Womenfest 2019
- Each year thousands of ladies come together over the Labor Day weekend and stay for a wide range of activities and events during four days of revelry and fun. Key West welcomes women from across the globe to an annual celebration that has become one of the largest gatherings of lesbians and friends in North America's Womenfest.
- September 06 - 08, 2019 Key West
- Robert-James Sales S.L.A.M. Tournament
- In the first of three tournaments in the annual Redbone Celebrity Tournament Series, also called The Trilogy, anglers target tarpon, permit and bonefish to achieve the coveted "flats grand slam." The event raises funds for the fight against cystic fibrosis. A number of celebrities show their support by taking part in the tournament each year. Celebrity competitors have included Major League Baseball Hall of Famer Wade Boggs, former Denver Broncos football player Mark Cooper and former NASA space shuttle astronaut Bruce Melnick.
- September 15 Key West
- Rams Head Productions presents: Amy Grant at Key West Theater
- Amy Grant has been strumming her way through a 30-plus year adventure as a singer-songwriter, author, television host and speaker. Grant was most recently inducted into the Gospel Music Hall of Fame in Nashville. In April 2016, Grant celebrated the 25th anniversary of her first pop hit, “Baby Baby”, with a worldwide release of a new version of the song featuring pop sensation and fellow Capitol Music Group recording artist Tori Kelly. Show starts 8 p.m., doors open 7 p.m.
- September 21 Key West
- Florida Keys Eco-Discover Center's Discovery Saturday: Diving Dolphins
- Discovery Saturday from 10-11 a.m. is hosted by the Dolphin Research Center, and children will discover the amazing abilities of dolphins. “Diving Dolphins” will include a game of “Guess the Skull” and other activities to teach children about dolphin biology. Space is limited. The Florida Keys Eco-Discover Center, operated by Florida Keys National Marine Sanctuary, hosts Discovery Saturday for children in kindergarten through fifth grade on the third Saturday of each month. Located in NOAA's Dr. Nancy Foster Florida Keys Environmental Complex on the Truman Annex waterfront in Key West, the Eco-Discovery Center features more than 6,000 square feet of interactive exhibits, which interpret the resources and management efforts of Florida Keys National Marine Sanctuary, two national parks, and four national wildlife refuges.
- September 21 Key West
- Native Plant Sale at the Key West Tropical Forest
- The Nursery at the Key West Tropical Forest & Botanical Garden will be offering native trees, shrubs and vines for sale from 9am to noon. Nursery volunteers have propagated over 160 species of plants that brings the inventory to more than 1,500 plants that attract butterflies and birds. Many plants are on the State of Florida endangered species list. Key West Tropical Forest members receive a 15% discount. All proceeds directly benefit the Garden’s conservation program. The Garden is located at 5210 College Road on Stock Island.
- September 21 - 22, 2019 Key West
- 9th Annual Key West Musicians Festival
- Staged at at Smokin' Tuna Saloon, from 2 - 9 p.m., both days. If you love Key West LOCAL musicians then this is the place to be. This is a FREE event although a percentage of the proceeds from merchandise sales will go to a Keys charity.